India is caught between scams and slums: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
India is caught between "scams and slums" and needed spiritual knowledge to overcome the situation, Art of Living guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said here.
"India now essentially needs spiritual knowledge as it is caught between scams and slums," Ravi Shankar said after meeting Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik here.
The spiritual guru said that during his meeting with the chief minister he had expressed keenness to be involved in rural development activities in the state.
"We plan to set up an agriculture college at Kalahandi which will help introduction of multi-crop system in the valley of river Indravati," he said.
The students of the proposed college could also research medicinal herbs.
Replying a question, he said Sri Sri University near Cuttack would begin courses in management in May, 2011.