India 'likes' Israel the most after US and UK: Embassy
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Opinion polls Manipulation: EC asks Centre to take action
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
Israel today said it's official India Facebook page has the most 'Likes' after that of the US and the United Kindgom.
The ISRAEL in INDIA Facebook page, launched by the Israelian Embassy in August, 2010, has received almost 20,000 'likes', a figure surpassed only by the pages of the US and the UK.
Two decades after India and Israel established full diplomatic relations, ties between the two nations are extending far beyond traditional diplomacy, the Embassy said in a statement.
Less than two years after the Israeli Embassy in New Delhi launched its activity on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and other virtual platforms, Israel managed to gain "exceptional popularity" in the Indian social media arena, it said.
The Embassy also launched a new website recently, which provides frequent updates on Israeli activities in India as well as a fresh and young look at Israel's society, history, culture and economy. The Embassy also operates specialised websites in Hindi and Urdu.
"These results are impressive", said Alon Ushpiz, Israel's Ambassador to India.
"They mirror the warmth and friendship that we Israelis feel across India and they are yet another indication of the immense potential that lies in our relationship", he added.