India needs to address China’s expansionist policies: Jurist Ved Nanda
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
"But you cannot shut your doors on it. Globalisation is like a juggernaut which cannot be stopped. It is for the country to decide how to respond to it," he added.
In his presidential address Dr Chandan Mitra, MP, said India's relations with all countries in the neighbourhood had worsened over the years. India was fast losing its advantage of being a big nation in the region. He said the Indian Ocean would be the next place of contention between India and China and added that sources of energy were likely to be the flash points in days to come.
Shyam Khosla, chairman of the Panchnad Research Institute, called upon the nation to be prepared for a prolonged war of attrition with China and Pakistan.
- First of many: Sudipta Sen gets 3 yrs in jail in PF case
- Water supply board, IBM to build ‘IT command centre’
- Ban on SC students protesting lifted by govt
- Oppn trains guns on Akhilesh over Saifai celebrations, relief camp deaths
- Business as usual for top seed
- Mithun Perera, posterboy of Sri Lankan golf, makes a mark
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly