India needs to address China’s expansionist policies: Jurist Ved Nanda
"But you cannot shut your doors on it. Globalisation is like a juggernaut which cannot be stopped. It is for the country to decide how to respond to it," he added.
In his presidential address Dr Chandan Mitra, MP, said India's relations with all countries in the neighbourhood had worsened over the years. India was fast losing its advantage of being a big nation in the region. He said the Indian Ocean would be the next place of contention between India and China and added that sources of energy were likely to be the flash points in days to come.
Shyam Khosla, chairman of the Panchnad Research Institute, called upon the nation to be prepared for a prolonged war of attrition with China and Pakistan.
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move
- Two and a half lakh Christians in city are confused over electing the ‘right’ candidate