Now, charge your dead smartphone just by ‘placing it on top of tablet’
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Thousands join Narendra Modi as he begins roadshow ahead of filing nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP registers 24 % in first four hours
Now, a unique wireless charging technology has been launched that allows you to charge a smartphone by placing it on top of a tablet.
The new technology has been unveiled a buy a little known US-based firm Fulton Innovation at CES 2013.
According to ABC, the firm has taken the technology found in products like the Powermat or Nokia's new charging pads for its Lumia phones, which are both based on the Qi wireless power standard, and put it in the back of a thin Samsung tablet.
The tablet is still the same size and thickness it always was, but has a power source built in to the back, the report said.
When you put a phone on top of it that has the same technology, the tablet can send power to the phone without a cord, it added.
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police