India retain top position in ICC ODI rankings
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
India retained the top spot in the latest ICC ODI Championship table released here today, while Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina slipped in the Twenty20 batting charts.
Kohli slipped two places to be placed eighth, followed by Raina at ninth. Yuvraj Singh was at 14th after a fall of one place while Gautam Gambhir was down at 17th.
In the T20 bowling chart, Ravichandran Ashwin, the only Indian in the list, slipped two places to be positioned 18th.
In the all-rounder's list, Yuvraj Singh retained the third position with 337 points.
In the team rankings for ODI, topper India have 119 points, followed by England and Australia.
England have an opportunity to reclaim the number-one ranking on the ODI Championship table when they take on New Zealand in a three-match series that commences in Hamilton from tomorrow.
England are on equal points with India (119 ratings points) but are ranked behind the world champions as ratings are calculated beyond the decimal point.
If England win all three matches, they will reclaim the number-one ranking.
In the T20 rankings, England's Alex Hales and Steven Finn, along with West Indies' Sunil Narine, have achieved career-best rankings in the latest list.
The latest rankings were released at the completion of England's 2-1 series win over hosts New Zealand yesterday and West Indies' win over Australia in the one-off match.
While Hales has jumped nine places to a career- est fifth in the rankings for T20I batsmen, Sunil Narine has leaped six places to a best-ever third and Steven Finn has moved up 20 places to a career-best sixth in the rankings for T20 bowlers.
- Khushpreet murder: Court holds 3 accused guilty
- Youth shot at, bullet still lodged in body
- Anti-incumbency strong, Akali SOS to BJP: send Modi
- Ahmedabad ‘dressmaker’ has designs on Modi’s style
- RSS launches statewide campaign for 100% turnout, no mention of Modi
- Movie on Modi released statewide, Cong cries foul