India rupee down 14 paise against US dollar in early trade
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Indian rupee today lost 14 paise to 54.40 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to strengthening of the US currency overseas.
Dealers attributed the rupee's fall to dollar gains against the euro and yen overseas boosted by solid US economic data and a bleak outlook for the troubled euro-zone.
Besides, a lower opening in the stock market also put pressure on the rupee, they said.
The rupee had gained three paise to close at 54.26 yesterday in line with strong local equities amid some dollar selling by exporters.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex fell by 66.26 points, or 0.34 per cent, at 18,974.69 in early trade today.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Salman Khanâ€™s â€˜Jai Hoâ€™ collects Rs 100 cr worldwide despite slowÂ start
- Narendra Modi attacks Congress over lack of war memorial