India’s development will be determined by Gujarat: Munda
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
Accusing the Centre of neglecting the development of tribal regions by eyeing the natural resources found there, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda Sunday appealed to the people of Gujarat to vote for the BJP so that it ensures that the country follows the growth path of the state.
Addressing a gathering of party workers at Gandevi in Navsari district, Munda said the country's development will be determined by the people of Gujarat. "Our country has not been able to grow like Gujarat, so now the people of Gujarat should ensure that the entire country develops like Gujarat.We want to see India develop and the yardstick of the development will be determined by people here," he said.
Munda said he was glad to accept the invitation to visit Gujarat because he wants his state Jharkhand to develop like Gujarat.
"We are observing that the country's growth is falling, and this raises fear that the country's budget system may collapse some day. I am sure the people of Gujarat will ensure that the country gets back on the growth path by adopting the model followed by Gujarat. But this will be possible when we give mandate to the BJP in the state. The coming polls are not just of Gujarat but it's for the country," he added.
Modi has made Gujarat a shining star: Chauhan
Surat: Addressing a party rally at Amroli in Olpad Assembly constituency in Surat district Sunday evening, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan said Gujarat was best placed among the BJP-ruled states in terms of growth rate at over 10%, which was far more than the national average of 5.5%.
He said that while Gujarat and MP were recording high growth rates in agriculture sector, the Congress was involved in various scams. "Here (in Gujarat), farmers are getting 24-hour power supply and the government has done an excellent work to supply water for irrigation. Modi has made Gujarat a shining star not only for India but for the entire world," he said.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit