India’s entry Barfi! is out of race for Oscar
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer Barfi! is out of the Oscar race after it failed to qualify for the next round in the best foreign film category, according to the Academy.
The film, a love story of a deaf-mute boy and an autistic girl, was India's official entry to the Oscars. Released in September this year, the film was lauded by critics as well as audiences. It was another disappointing year for India at the Oscars. In the past, Aamir Khan's Lagaan in 2002, Mira Nair's Salaam Bombay! in 1989 and Mehboob Khan's Mother India in 1958 have earned nominations in the foreign film category without registering any wins.