India’s entry Barfi! is out of race for Oscar
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer Barfi! is out of the Oscar race after it failed to qualify for the next round in the best foreign film category, according to the Academy.
The film, a love story of a deaf-mute boy and an autistic girl, was India's official entry to the Oscars. Released in September this year, the film was lauded by critics as well as audiences. It was another disappointing year for India at the Oscars. In the past, Aamir Khan's Lagaan in 2002, Mira Nair's Salaam Bombay! in 1989 and Mehboob Khan's Mother India in 1958 have earned nominations in the foreign film category without registering any wins.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today