India’s entry Barfi! is out of race for Oscar
Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer Barfi! is out of the Oscar race after it failed to qualify for the next round in the best foreign film category, according to the Academy.
The film, a love story of a deaf-mute boy and an autistic girl, was India's official entry to the Oscars. Released in September this year, the film was lauded by critics as well as audiences. It was another disappointing year for India at the Oscars. In the past, Aamir Khan's Lagaan in 2002, Mira Nair's Salaam Bombay! in 1989 and Mehboob Khan's Mother India in 1958 have earned nominations in the foreign film category without registering any wins.
- Geelani claims a bunch of lies: BJP
- Why ‘WHO awardee’ Anbumani is the son of his Vanniyar father first in Dharmapuri
- Polls in city four days away, big guns make a dash
- No vacancy for leadership role in party, says Shashi Tharoor
- Rajiv assassination: Karunanidhi questions timing of CJI’s remark
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says let’s call off trip