India’s first space weather reading centre in Kolkata
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
A centre of excellence specialising in reading space weather conditions to help air traffic on polar routes will come up here by the middle of this year, the first of its kind in the country.
"It will be a centre of excellence in space sciences. The centre's main thrust will be on areas of space weather, especially weather in the solar system and gravitational physics," its coordinator, scientist Dibyendu Nandi, said.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation