India to finish third in ICC Test rankings as on April 1
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
India will have to settle for the third spot behind England in the ICC Test team rankings after the latter managed to salvage a draw in the final Test against New Zealand in Auckland today.
India not only needed to win the Delhi Test but also had to hope for a New Zealand victory in the Auckland Test.
India could have earned USD 350,000 if New Zealand won the series 1-0, as they would have finished second in the rankings table at the cut-off date of April 1.
India, for finishing third, will now have to settle forUSD 250,000 while Australia will bag USD 150,000 for being fourth. India, for their 4-0 whitewash of the Australians, gained seven ranking points to finish the season on 112. While England lost four points after all their three Tests against the Kiwis ended in a draw.
South Africa, with 128 points, have already sealed its position as the number-one ranked Test side at the cut-off date and have been assured of a reward of USD 450,000.