India to finish third in ICC Test rankings as on April 1
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
India will have to settle for the third spot behind England in the ICC Test team rankings after the latter managed to salvage a draw in the final Test against New Zealand in Auckland today.
India not only needed to win the Delhi Test but also had to hope for a New Zealand victory in the Auckland Test.
India could have earned USD 350,000 if New Zealand won the series 1-0, as they would have finished second in the rankings table at the cut-off date of April 1.
India, for finishing third, will now have to settle forUSD 250,000 while Australia will bag USD 150,000 for being fourth. India, for their 4-0 whitewash of the Australians, gained seven ranking points to finish the season on 112. While England lost four points after all their three Tests against the Kiwis ended in a draw.
South Africa, with 128 points, have already sealed its position as the number-one ranked Test side at the cut-off date and have been assured of a reward of USD 450,000.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post