India to finish third in ICC Test rankings as on April 1
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
India will have to settle for the third spot behind England in the ICC Test team rankings after the latter managed to salvage a draw in the final Test against New Zealand in Auckland today.
India not only needed to win the Delhi Test but also had to hope for a New Zealand victory in the Auckland Test.
India could have earned USD 350,000 if New Zealand won the series 1-0, as they would have finished second in the rankings table at the cut-off date of April 1.
India, for finishing third, will now have to settle forUSD 250,000 while Australia will bag USD 150,000 for being fourth. India, for their 4-0 whitewash of the Australians, gained seven ranking points to finish the season on 112. While England lost four points after all their three Tests against the Kiwis ended in a draw.
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past