India to have 185 mn mobile Internet users by June 2014: Report
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subarta Roy stays in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The number of mobile Internet users in India seems all set for explosive growth with a report by Internet & Mobile Association Of India (IAMAI) and IMRB International predicting that there will be 155 million people accessing the web through their phones by the end of March 2014.
With a quarter-over-quarter growth of 20 per cent, this number is expected to cross 185 million by June 2014, says the 'Mobile Internet In India 2013' report released Wednesday. According to the report, in October 2013, India had 110 million mobile internet users, with just 25 million in rural India. Urban India's dominance of this segment is expected to continue for at least a couple of quarters. Indicating that many Indian's were accessing the internet for the first time on mobile devices, the report says across both urban and rural India over half the Internet users where on the mobile.