India to play five Tests, five ODIs and a Twenty20 in England, confirm ECB
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
England on Monday agreed to host India for five Test matches, for the first time in 50 years, when the team lands here for a long series which will also include five ODIs and a Twenty20 International next year. Also read: Backyard venue for Sachin Tendulkar's 200th Test match
"India will play a five-match Test series in this country for the first time since 1959 with Trent Bridge, Lord's, The Ageas Bowl, Emirates Old Trafford and The Kia Oval all hosting Investec Test Matches," the England and Wales Cricket Board said in a statement. Also read: Gautam Gambhir cuts short county stint, Essex supportive
Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Middlesex will host tour matches against India who last toured England in 2011 when they were defeated 0-4 in the Test Series and 0-3 in the ODI Series with the NatWest International T20 series drawn 1-1.
"This will be the first time England has hosted India in a five Test series in more than 50 years and the length of the series reflects the iconic status which contests between these two great cricketing nations now enjoy," ECB Chief Executive David Collier said. Also read: India retain top-spot in ICC ODI rankings
"We anticipate significant demand for tickets both for the Investec Test series, and for the One-Day International series which will be the first encounter between these two countries in the 50-Over format since India's triumph in the final of the ICC Champions Trophy competition at Edgbaston earlier this year.
"We thank the BCCI for their support and also our international venues who between them helped bring a record number of spectators - more than 850,000 - to international cricket over the course of the season when India last toured here in 2011," he added.
- Chavan sweetens deal for slum-dwellers
- ‘Buildings with approved layout plan should be exempted from SC order’
- WR puts brakes on new suburban services
- UP Doctors Protest: SP MLA booked as strike called off
- Raj Thackeray initiates talks with fringe parties
- Ministers, corporators fight over credit for public projects