India vs Australia: Abhishek Nayar added to India A squad for warm-up match
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: RCB pick early wicket as Starc removes Mayank
One of the top performers in the recently-concluded Ranji Trophy season, Mumbai all-rounder Abhishek Nayar has been included in the India A squad for the second warm-up match, scheduled to be held from February 16 to 18, against the touring Australian side.
"Abhishek Nayar has been added to the India 'A' squad, for the three-day game against Australia, to be played at Chennai from 16 February 2013 to 18 February 2013," BCCI Secretary, Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
Abhishek Nayar scored 966 runs at an average of 99.60 and took 19 wickets to help Mumbai clinch their 40th Ranji Trophy title.
Delhi opener Shikhar Dhawan will captain the 13-member squad, which also includes a fit-again Manoj Tiwary, Mumbai batsmen Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane.
Punjab opener Jiwanjot Singh, who scored five centuries during the Ranji Trophy season, also figures in the squad.
The India 'A' squad is as follows: Shikhar Dhawan (Captain), Abhishek Nayar.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18