India vs Australia: Abhishek Nayar added to India A squad for warm-up match
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
One of the top performers in the recently-concluded Ranji Trophy season, Mumbai all-rounder Abhishek Nayar has been included in the India A squad for the second warm-up match, scheduled to be held from February 16 to 18, against the touring Australian side.
"Abhishek Nayar has been added to the India 'A' squad, for the three-day game against Australia, to be played at Chennai from 16 February 2013 to 18 February 2013," BCCI Secretary, Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
Abhishek Nayar scored 966 runs at an average of 99.60 and took 19 wickets to help Mumbai clinch their 40th Ranji Trophy title.
Delhi opener Shikhar Dhawan will captain the 13-member squad, which also includes a fit-again Manoj Tiwary, Mumbai batsmen Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane.
Punjab opener Jiwanjot Singh, who scored five centuries during the Ranji Trophy season, also figures in the squad.
The India 'A' squad is as follows: Shikhar Dhawan (Captain), Abhishek Nayar.