India vs Australia: Pro-Ealam outfit protests Sri Lankan umpire officiating match
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
About 50 activists of a pro-Ealam outfit were arrested today for staging protest outside M A Chidambaram stadium here against a Sri Lankan umpire officiating in the first India-Australia cricket Test match.
Members of the little-known 'Thanthai Periar Dravidar Kazhagam' were arrested for staging protest against the presence of Lankan umpire Kumara Dharmasena, police said.
The black outfit wearing activists raised slogans against Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapakse for the alleged cold-blooded killing of slain LTTE chief V Prabhakaran's 12-year-old son Balachandran and objected to the presence of a Lankan official for the sporting event.
Meanwhile, another pro-Ealam outfit, the "May 17 Movement", staged a protest outside TNCC headquarters Sathyamurthy Bhavan for the alleged killing of Balachandran.