India vs England: Sehwag, Pujara give India honours on day 1
- Pravin Togadia under fire over hate-speech, RSS says comments fabricated
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP blocked Telangana Bill in Parliament, says Rahul Gandhi
# Graeme Swann (4/85) has registered his best bowling figures in Tests in India - his second best overall, next only to his 6 for 106 at The Oval in 2012.
# Swann has overtaken Jim Laker's tally of 193 (ave21.24) in 46 Tests. His tally of 196 (ave 29.41) in 47 Tests is the second highest by an English spinner, next only to Derek Underwood's 297.
# Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir put on 134 – their first century partnership in 16 innings. They had put on 137 against South Africa at Centurion Park in December 2010 - their last century stand for the first wicket in Tests.
# The above hundred stand is the eleventh for the first wicket between Gambhir and Sehwag. In terms of century partnerships for the first wicket, Gambhir-Sehwag pair is the fifth in Tests - Gordon Greenidge and Desmond Haynes had recorded 16, followed by Jack Hobbs and Herbert Sutcliffe
(15), Justin Langer and Matthew Hayden (14) and Alastair Cook and Andrew Strauss (12).
# The 134-run opening stand between Sehwag and Gambhir is the highest by any pair at Motera.
# Gautam Gambhir, in the course of his 45 off 111 balls, has completed his 2,000 runs in Tests in India, aggregating 2008 (ave 41.83) in 29 Tests.
# Swann has taken Gambhir's wicket six times in five Tests - the most times a bowler has dismissed him.
# Virender Sehwag's excellent 117 off 117 balls is his highest score against England, bettering the 106 at Trent Bridge in 2002.
# Sehwag's aforesaid innings is his 13th century in Tests in India - his first after 30 innings.
# Sehwag had last recorded a hundred two years ago – 173 at Motera against New Zealand in 2010-11.
# Sehwag has recorded his 23rd hundred in Tests – his second against England.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota