India vs England: Yuvraj Singh, Zaheer Khan dropped from 4th Test squad
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
- Facebook to acquire WhatsApp for USD 19 billion in cash and stock deal
- Congâs first casualty of Telangana Bill: Its govt and Chief Minister in Andhra
- Hazare snubs Kejriwal, declares support to Mamata in LS elections
Jadeja's inclusion provides the all-rounder's option to the team, particularly after the middle-order batsmen failed to make much of an impression. Virat Kohli has had a dismal series,while Sachin Tendulkar has also been struggling for runs though he scored 76 in the first innings.
Zaheer's axing was on the cards as he took only one wicket in 31 overs that he bowled in the third Test and has a tally only four wickets in three Tests.
While Steven Finn and James Anderson swung the ball in Kolkata, Zaheer failed to do so for India and was shoddy on the field.
Zaheer's absence will mean that either Ashok Dinda or Awana would play in the Nagpur Test. Ishant Sharma, who also did not make much of an impact, has been retained though his place in the playing XI remains uncertain.
Jadeja hit two triple centuries against Gujarat and Railways in the Ranji Trophy and was recently in the news for being the first Indian to hit three triple centuries.
Awana was among the top three wicket-takers last season and has already got two five-wicket in the two Ranji Trophy matches this season.
Squad for Nagpur Test: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (c), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin Piyush Chawla, Ishant Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Ashok Dinda, M Vijay, Parvinder Awana.
Squad for Twenty20 series: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (c), Gautam Gambhir, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Manoj Tiwary, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla, Ashok Dinda, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Laxmipathy Balaji, Parvinder Awana.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state