India walks out in protest, Pak wins Asian Kabaddi C'ship
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Pakistan clinched the Asian Kabaddi Championship title after arch-rivals India walked out of the field in protest against the referee's decision to penalize their coach.
The Pakistani team, cheered on by a full house at the Punjab stadium, was leading by 40 points against 31 when the Indian team refused to carry on the contest.
The Indians protested when their coach, Goormel Singh was shown a green card by the referee for constantly disturbing the final by entering into the ground frequently to protest decisions.
Goormel twice interrupted the play when he walked onto the field to protest a line decision by the match official. The third time the Pakistani team also protested over his constantly disturbing the final match.
After some heated arguments, the Indians finally decided to not continue play after which the crown was awarded to the hosts.
The Asian Kabaddi Championship drew big crowds throughout its five days of competition in which other countries including Afghanistan, Iran, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal also took part.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Cong begins â€˜primariesâ€™ in two Rajasthan seats
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Salman Khanâ€™s â€˜Jai Hoâ€™ collects Rs 100 cr worldwide despite slowÂ start