India-Asean relations at an exciting stage: PM
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Arvind Kejriwal set to launch Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha poll campaign tomorrow at Rohtak
- Mata Amritanandamayi dismiss allegations against her ashram
- In Arunachal, Narendra Modi warns China against âexpansionistâ plans
- Sushma Swaraj on Rahul Gandhi's anti-graft efforts: Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said India-ASEAN relations were at an "exciting stage" and expressed confidence that the free trade agreement in services and investment would be transformational.
Flagging down 22-day, eight-nation India-Asean Car Rally, Singh said India and Asean nations should build a web of linkages to unleash the vast economic potential of the region.
"...our future will be driven by the bonds of connectivity we build in the coming years," Singh said welcoming the participants of the car rally in the presence of heads of state and governments of the Asean member nations.
Observing that India-Asean ties were at an "exciting stage", Singh said the two sides had framed a new paradigm by elevating the relationship to a strategic partnership and by concluding negotiations on free trade agreement in services and investment.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express