Indian, Afghan students clash at NIT, 5 injured
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
At least five students, including three from Afghanistan, were injured in a clash between students at National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela, during an annual cultural extravaganza, the police said.
Though the cause of the incident was not exactly clear, sources said Afghan students, allegedly in an inebriated state, spoke in an "objectionable" manner to the Indian students leading to a clash between two groups.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2