Indian, Afghan students clash at NIT, 5 injured
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
At least five students, including three from Afghanistan, were injured in a clash between students at National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela, during an annual cultural extravaganza, the police said.
Though the cause of the incident was not exactly clear, sources said Afghan students, allegedly in an inebriated state, spoke in an "objectionable" manner to the Indian students leading to a clash between two groups.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages