Indian CEOs most optimistic in world: PWC survey
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Preview: Former champs lock horns in heavyweight clash
Also, 92 per cent of Indian CEOs said there was a need to increase capital investment in 2013, while 74 per cent said they would increase headcount this year. Among Indian CEOs, only 9 per cent plan to shed jobs, which is the lowest in the world. During the past year, 62 per cent raised headcount and only 10 per cent cut the jobs -- which was again the lowest globally.
In terms of restructuring efforts, 60 per cent of Indian CEOs said they implemented cost cutting measures in the past year and 53 per cent plan to do so in 2013.
The Indian CEOs' top target regions for M&As, joint ventures and strategic alliances during 2013 would be North America (44 per cent), South Asia (22 per cent), South East Asia (23 per cent) and Central & East Europe or Central Asia (21 per cent).