Indian, Chinese firms amongst most innovative in world: Report
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
In countries like Europe and America, the importance of regional clusters is often emphasised for the development of new products and services, but in nations like India and China, it is global collaborations rather than regional ones that drive innovation, a report has said.
Monica Plechero, who has studied Indian and Chinese companies in the automotive, ICT and green biotech industries, said that it is still the case that both Indian and Chinese firms imitate others, but they have also become better at developing new complex products.
According to the report, the process has not been exactly the same in both countries.
China mainly develops products for the domestic market, international trade comes second, while in India, the international market is used as a springboard in product development.
Dr Plechero pointed out that the Chinese market is larger and more mature than the Indian market.
In the course of just a few years, the Chinese and Indian share of the world''s research and development centres has increased from 8 to 18 per cent.
Plechero also claimed that India and China invest more than the West in organisational innovation, i.e. the implementation of a company structure that creates a favourable climate for new inventions, the report said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18