Indian couple arrested in Oslo for disciplining son, claims family
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
An Indian couple was arrested by Norwegian police in Oslo for allegedly trying to discipline excessively their son, their family here claimed.
V Chandrasekhar, a TCS employee in Oslo, along with his wife Anupama was taken into custody by the police nine months after the child complained to his school teachers that his parents were threatening him to send back to India for his wrongdoings, Chandrasekhar's nephew V Sailender claimed.
"My uncle had no idea about the case registered against him initially. He came to Hyderabad along with his wife and children in July and went back to Oslo in the last week of October. Then he was served a notice to appear before the authorities along with wife," he said.
"My aunty also went to Oslo on November 23 and the couple appeared before the authorities concerned. Yesterday we were informed by my uncle's neighbours in Oslo that they were arrested and remanded," Sailender told PTI.
The boy was found bringing toys from school for which the father objected to his 'hyper-activeness', Sailender said, adding that the family is yet to get details.
When contacted, a spokesperson of TCS confirmed the arrest but refused to offer comment saying that it was a personal matter of the employee.
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer
- TMC captured booths in Cooch Behar, says Left; demands re-poll
- Ties with BJP under strain, TDP says may go it alone in Seemandhra
- BJP will emerge a major force in Bengal: Advani
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’