Indian couple arrested in Oslo for disciplining son, claims family
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
An Indian couple was arrested by Norwegian police in Oslo for allegedly trying to discipline excessively their son, their family here claimed.
V Chandrasekhar, a TCS employee in Oslo, along with his wife Anupama was taken into custody by the police nine months after the child complained to his school teachers that his parents were threatening him to send back to India for his wrongdoings, Chandrasekhar's nephew V Sailender claimed.
"My uncle had no idea about the case registered against him initially. He came to Hyderabad along with his wife and children in July and went back to Oslo in the last week of October. Then he was served a notice to appear before the authorities along with wife," he said.
"My aunty also went to Oslo on November 23 and the couple appeared before the authorities concerned. Yesterday we were informed by my uncle's neighbours in Oslo that they were arrested and remanded," Sailender told PTI.
The boy was found bringing toys from school for which the father objected to his 'hyper-activeness', Sailender said, adding that the family is yet to get details.