Indian designers dress Fergie in FIFA WC outfit
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
Indian designers Shane and Falguni Peacock will be dressing up popstar Fergie for her performance at the FIFA World Cup opening ceremony.
The Black Eyed Peas singer, who is herself a fashion designer, had asked the designers for a futuristic outfit, which accentuated elements of Africa. The duo created a body suit dress for her, with cut-outs, apart from embellished and padded shoulders.
Talking about the costume, Shane said, "Keeping in mind her performance, we have designed a belt with 3D embellishing that she will wear when she walks into the stage, but she'll fling it off dramatically before she starts singing. It is sexy and edgy, "Shane.
Talking about how the order fell in place, Falguni said, "After our London fashion week presentation, we had a press show in Los Angeles, where we met a number of American magazine editors & stylists. One stylist wanted to use our garments in a video she was styling for Ozzie Osbourne. She also mentioned that she was styling Fergie for her FIFA world cup performance and wanted to show her our stuff and that's how things fell into place.
The duo is still waiting for Fergie's team to fly down to pick up the outfit, before taking it to South Africa.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since