Indian designers dress Fergie in FIFA WC outfit
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Indian designers Shane and Falguni Peacock will be dressing up popstar Fergie for her performance at the FIFA World Cup opening ceremony.
The Black Eyed Peas singer, who is herself a fashion designer, had asked the designers for a futuristic outfit, which accentuated elements of Africa. The duo created a body suit dress for her, with cut-outs, apart from embellished and padded shoulders.
Talking about the costume, Shane said, "Keeping in mind her performance, we have designed a belt with 3D embellishing that she will wear when she walks into the stage, but she'll fling it off dramatically before she starts singing. It is sexy and edgy, "Shane.
Talking about how the order fell in place, Falguni said, "After our London fashion week presentation, we had a press show in Los Angeles, where we met a number of American magazine editors & stylists. One stylist wanted to use our garments in a video she was styling for Ozzie Osbourne. She also mentioned that she was styling Fergie for her FIFA world cup performance and wanted to show her our stuff and that's how things fell into place.
The duo is still waiting for Fergie's team to fly down to pick up the outfit, before taking it to South Africa.
The designers celebrity client list doesn't stop here. They met with Lady Gaga recently and have shown her a presentation of their garments, which she can choose for her stage performances. However, .things are yet to be finalised in that context.