Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade row: Protesters attack Domino's Pizza outlet in Mumbai
- In Arunachal, Narendra Modi warns China against âexpansionistâ plans
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- On false cases, donât discriminate between Muslims and others: Purohit writes to Shinde
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Pakistani prisoner found hanging in Jammu jail
Activists of a small Indian political group ransacked a Domino's Pizza outlet in a Mumbai suburb on Friday, demanding a ban on US goods until Washington apologises for the arrest and humiliating treatment meted out to Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade (IFS), including body cavity search, strip-search and handcuffing, in New York that has touched off a furore back home.
Police said no-one was hurt in the attack, which came as diplomats from the two countries sought to defuse the row over the arrest and subsequent strip-search of Devyani Khobragade in a visa fraud case.
The Republican Party of India, which carried out the attack, sent pictures to media organisations showing a broken glass door at the outlet. The party said it wanted the United States to drop charges against the Devyani Khobragade.
Top Read Stories
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Singhal: Hindus should have at least 5 children
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- On false cases, don’t discriminate between Muslims and others: Purohit writes to Shinde
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express