Indian domestic worker 'repeatedly raped, tortured' by employees in UK
An Indian domestic worker in the UK was repeatedly raped and beaten by her employers who threatened to murder her if she complained, it has emerged.
A court heard that the 39-year-old vulnerable and illiterate mother-of-four was used as a ''sexual toy'' and ''general dogsbody'' by an extended family and their friend who forced her to become their slave for a total of six years.
She was scalded with boiling water, burned with a hot iron, beaten and threatened her throat would be cut and her body buried in a back garden if she didn''t do as she was told.
The Croydon Crown Court heard how the abuse continued despite the woman approaching numerous agencies for help, the Daily Mail, reports.
Aleemuddin Mohammed, 44, a supermarket manager, and his wife Shamina Yousuf, 42, are accused of assaulting the woman and paying her just 24 pounds during the two years and eight months she worked for them.
The woman was also sent to live with an acquaintance of the family, optician Shashi Obhrai, 53, from Northwood, who is accused of assaulting her.
According to the paper, after two years and eight months with the couple, who paid just 24 pounds for that period, the victim escaped with the help of a Pakistani stranger at a supermarket.
The court also heard that the woman was allegedly forced to moved in with Mohammed''s mother, 56-year-old shop worker Shanaz Begum, and her partner, butcher Enkarta Balapovi, 53, who is accused of raping her
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains
- Green campaign: Phoolka to ride cycle, Bittu talks of birds
- SUV driver hits car, tries to run over inspector at naka; cases registered
- Parties cash in on Sunday mood, star appeal for votes
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death