Indian fisherman escapes Pak jail
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
An Indian fisherman has escaped from a jail in the southern Pakistani port city of Karachi, according to media reports on Tuesday.
The fisherman, identified by the media as Kishore, escaped while cleaning the main gate of Landhi Jail in Karachi on Monday.
While two prison officials were suspended after the escape, Sindh Minister for Prisons Manzoor Wassan ordered an inquiry and sought a report from the jail's administration.
Kishore was among a group of Indian fishermen who were recently arrested by the Maritime Security Agency for allegedly entering Pakistan's exclusive economic zone. He was brought to the prison on January 29.