Indian fisherman escapes Pak jail
- Finally, the axe falls: AAP expels Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and 2 others for ‘anti-party’ activities
- SC refuses to dismiss National Green Tribunal's ban on 15-year-old vehicles in Delhi
- In House, land line gives Congress a Rahul recharge
- Two ‘Pak’ boats with heroin seized near Gujarat, 8 held
- Venkaiah Naidu is Narendra Modi govt’s defence against Rahul Gandhi
An Indian fisherman has escaped from a jail in the southern Pakistani port city of Karachi, according to media reports on Tuesday.
The fisherman, identified by the media as Kishore, escaped while cleaning the main gate of Landhi Jail in Karachi on Monday.
While two prison officials were suspended after the escape, Sindh Minister for Prisons Manzoor Wassan ordered an inquiry and sought a report from the jail's administration.
Kishore was among a group of Indian fishermen who were recently arrested by the Maritime Security Agency for allegedly entering Pakistan's exclusive economic zone. He was brought to the prison on January 29.