Indian fisherman escapes Pak jail
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
An Indian fisherman has escaped from a jail in the southern Pakistani port city of Karachi, according to media reports on Tuesday.
The fisherman, identified by the media as Kishore, escaped while cleaning the main gate of Landhi Jail in Karachi on Monday.
While two prison officials were suspended after the escape, Sindh Minister for Prisons Manzoor Wassan ordered an inquiry and sought a report from the jail's administration.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress