- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
Another Indian filmmaker is in the spotlight at the Sundance Film Festival, 2013. On Tuesday evening, Mumbai-based Sarthak Dasgupta was awarded the Sundance-Mahindra Global filmmaking award. A collaboration between the two organisations, Sundance and Mahindra, the award recognises emerging independent filmmakers from across the world. Dasgupta's feature film The Music Teacher tells the story of a small-town music teacher whose life takes an unexpected turn when his estranged ex-student, now a celebrity in the city, comes to visit him. He struggles and prepares to meet her, unsure if she still bears him any grudge. The Music Teacher is one of the four projects that received the award along with a cash prize of $10,000.