- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Another Indian filmmaker is in the spotlight at the Sundance Film Festival, 2013. On Tuesday evening, Mumbai-based Sarthak Dasgupta was awarded the Sundance-Mahindra Global filmmaking award. A collaboration between the two organisations, Sundance and Mahindra, the award recognises emerging independent filmmakers from across the world. Dasgupta's feature film The Music Teacher tells the story of a small-town music teacher whose life takes an unexpected turn when his estranged ex-student, now a celebrity in the city, comes to visit him. He struggles and prepares to meet her, unsure if she still bears him any grudge. The Music Teacher is one of the four projects that received the award along with a cash prize of $10,000.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment