Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabadís agri course ranked best in the world by France's Eduniversal
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
The Post-Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management (PGP-ABM) offered by the Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad has been ranked the best in the world for the second consecutive year by French ranking agency Eduniversal.
IIM-A's programme beat similar programmes offered by universities based in the US, Europe and South America, including courses at second rank Paris-based ESSEC Business School (with which IIM-A has active collaboration) and third rank Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile. Agri-business courses offered by Cornell University and University of California, Berkeley ó both US universities ó occupied fourth and fifth ranks respectively.
The PGP-ABM programme at IIM-A is one of only two programmes from India that made it to the rankings this year, which lists the world's top 50. IIM-Lucknow's ABM programme ranked 35th.
"IIM-A has been offering a apecial package in Agriculture since 1974. In 2003, this programme was re-engineered as a PG programme in Agricultural Business Management," IIM-A said in a statement.