Indian, Maldivian armies in joint exercise
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Indian and Maldives Army commenced a joint exercise at Belgaum on November 12.
Infantry platoons from both countries willcarry out joint drills till November 25.
Exercise 'Ekuverin IV' is part of a series of military drills conducted annually between both the countries, said a press release. It aims at honing sub-unit level tactics and enhancing interoperability between the two armies. This year, both armies plan to lay emphasis on enhancing and sharing skills in conduct of counter -terrorist operations.
An infantry platoon from Southern Command along with a Squad of Special Forces is training with a platoon of Maldives National Defence Force. The platoons will workout common drills and complementary operational planning and endeavor to achieve synergy in execution of operations. A team of officers and men of the Maldivian Army will also visit military establishments in Pune.