Indian, Maldivian armies in joint exercise
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
Indian and Maldives Army commenced a joint exercise at Belgaum on November 12.
Infantry platoons from both countries willcarry out joint drills till November 25.
Exercise 'Ekuverin IV' is part of a series of military drills conducted annually between both the countries, said a press release. It aims at honing sub-unit level tactics and enhancing interoperability between the two armies. This year, both armies plan to lay emphasis on enhancing and sharing skills in conduct of counter -terrorist operations.
An infantry platoon from Southern Command along with a Squad of Special Forces is training with a platoon of Maldives National Defence Force. The platoons will workout common drills and complementary operational planning and endeavor to achieve synergy in execution of operations. A team of officers and men of the Maldivian Army will also visit military establishments in Pune.