Indian, Maldivian armies in joint exercise
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
Indian and Maldives Army commenced a joint exercise at Belgaum on November 12.
Infantry platoons from both countries willcarry out joint drills till November 25.
Exercise 'Ekuverin IV' is part of a series of military drills conducted annually between both the countries, said a press release. It aims at honing sub-unit level tactics and enhancing interoperability between the two armies. This year, both armies plan to lay emphasis on enhancing and sharing skills in conduct of counter -terrorist operations.
An infantry platoon from Southern Command along with a Squad of Special Forces is training with a platoon of Maldives National Defence Force. The platoons will workout common drills and complementary operational planning and endeavor to achieve synergy in execution of operations. A team of officers and men of the Maldivian Army will also visit military establishments in Pune.