Indian monks promised me iPhone to 'incite self-immolations', claims arrested Tibetan
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
"For the exiled 14th Dalai Lama and his group in India, instigating self-immolation is just means of realising their political goal of splitting Tibet from China," Wang Chengxian, Deputy Communist Party Secretary of the Aba Tibetan and Qiang autonomous prefecture, told the Daily. He said about 80 people committed self-immolations so far.
The report also said a number of Tibetan who sustained burn injuries after failed immolation bid regret their acts and suffer from immense pain and disabilities.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express