Indian monks promised me iPhone to 'incite self-immolations', claims arrested Tibetan
- BJP calls Rahul's take on Land Bill a 'white lie', wants him to apologise
- Presstitutes remark row: Modi says media ignoring V K Singh's good work in Yemen
- This govt is for the poor: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- 51 arrested for setting Puri-Barbil Express train coach on fire
- 24 dead, 28 rescued from Mediterranean migrant boat
"For the exiled 14th Dalai Lama and his group in India, instigating self-immolation is just means of realising their political goal of splitting Tibet from China," Wang Chengxian, Deputy Communist Party Secretary of the Aba Tibetan and Qiang autonomous prefecture, told the Daily. He said about 80 people committed self-immolations so far.
The report also said a number of Tibetan who sustained burn injuries after failed immolation bid regret their acts and suffer from immense pain and disabilities.