Indian origin contestant Gurpreet Singh Sarin enters 'American Idol'
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
Gurpreet Singh Sarin, an Indian origin aspiring singer, has gained popularity with the judges during the auditions of the latest season of singing reality show 'American Idol'.
Gurpreet has even taught Emmy-award winning host Ryan Seacrest to perform Bhangra on the show.
During the audition process, the four judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson met Gurpreet popularly known as the Turbanator on the show, who loves to match his turbans with his outfits.
While auditioning in the first round, he performed a soulful rendition of the Maroon 5 hit 'Sunday Morning' and even sang a few Indian scales at Randy Jackson's request.
Minaj also loved his look and Gurpreet bribed her with a bright marigold turban to get into her good books.
The 12th season of 'American Idol' will premiere on January 18 on Big Cbs Love.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages