Indian origin contestant Gurpreet Singh Sarin enters 'American Idol'
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
Gurpreet Singh Sarin, an Indian origin aspiring singer, has gained popularity with the judges during the auditions of the latest season of singing reality show 'American Idol'.
Gurpreet has even taught Emmy-award winning host Ryan Seacrest to perform Bhangra on the show.
During the audition process, the four judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson met Gurpreet popularly known as the Turbanator on the show, who loves to match his turbans with his outfits.
While auditioning in the first round, he performed a soulful rendition of the Maroon 5 hit 'Sunday Morning' and even sang a few Indian scales at Randy Jackson's request.
Minaj also loved his look and Gurpreet bribed her with a bright marigold turban to get into her good books.
The 12th season of 'American Idol' will premiere on January 18 on Big Cbs Love.