Indian Palate League
- Hunkar rally: I want to see Narendra Modi as the future PM, says Paswan
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
- Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over Farooq Abdullah's comment on Kashmiris
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
The sixth edition of IPL is bringing along a variety of options to eat out while enjoying the matches.
Among the many things that the Indian Premier League (IPL) brings along is the vast array of food to get passed around as strangers strike notes of camaraderie while discussing batting techniques and exchanging notes on the best team. And restaurants in the city are all geared up with giant plasma screens and season-specific dishes such as Captain's chicken platter and cocktails such as Super over to keep up the spirits.
If the 252-inch plasma screen at Manchester United Cafe Bar (MUCB) in Amanora Town Centre does not get the point across, their newly-crafted menu does. Anil La Roia, VP-operations, MUCB says, "IPL 6 has turned huge with the inclusion of new teams and we have kept the feel close to the authentic stadium environment. We will serve a variety of international and Indian platters combined with a selection of special cocktails." Some of the dishes are Captain's chicken platter, Platter of the match, Fielder's oriental platter and a healthy mix of vegetarian dishes including steamed tofu topped with Korean sauce, wilted garlic spinach, and more.
Courtyard by Marriott Pune City Centre is showing the game at its Eviva Sky Lounge and Banayan Tree Lounge and serving cocktails such as Power play, EPl special, Free hit, Super over, Toss and time out. Banyan Tree Lounge is also offering a 50 per cent discount on select beverages during happy hours.
Cafe Mocha features combos such as Mezze Platter with two glasses of Sangria and Arab Platter with two beers while 121 Kitchen BarBQ will have an elaborate spread combined with discounts on Sunday buffets.
At Hard Rock Cafe in Koregaon Park, there's a lot more than a big screen and good food. Tattoo artists and live DJ compliment the experience. Patrons can also win special prizes by participating in various contests between breaks and matches. "We have also created a special menu for appetisers and drinks that compliment the mood," says Swarnendu Roy, general manager, Hard Rock Cafe Pune.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)