Indian Railways to equip trains with latest fire-fighting equipment
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Accordingly, Research Design and Standards Organisation (RDSO) has been advised to develop specification for suitable fire suppression system for these pantry cars.
Currently, pantry cars are provided with four fire extinguishers which may not be adequate in handling major fires.
Our efforts are to make fool-proof arrangement to prevent fire in trains and for that we will install latest fire fighting equipment in fire prone coaches, the official said.