Indian rupee down 15 paise against dollar in morning trade
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Extending its losses for the third straight day, the rupee fell by another 15 paise to 62.41 a dollar in early trade today on the Interbank Foreign Exchange market as the US currency strengthened overseas.
Forex dealers said besides dollar's gains against other currencies overseas, a weak opening in the domestic stock market put pressure on the rupee.
The domestic unit had lost 36 paise to close at one-month low of 62.26 against the US dollar in yesterday's trade on demand from importers, amid weak local equities.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex declined by 109.65 points, or 0.52 per cent, to 20,778.68.
- I will protest against Arvind Kejriwal if he indulges in wrongdoing: AnnaÂ Hazare
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express