Indian rupee down 5 paise against US dollar
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
The rupee declined by 5 paise to Rs 53.33 per US dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange market today, weighed down by dollar's gains against other currency rivals.
Forex dealers said besides dollar gains against other Asian currencies, a weak opening in the stock market amid foreign fund outflows put pressure on the rupee.
The rupee had lost nine paise to 53.28 against the US dollar in yesterday trade due to renewed dollar demand and firm global cues, amid weak local equities.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex declined by 88.49 points, or 0.44 per cent, to 19,662.70.