Indian rupee up 11 paise against dollar in late morning deals
- 'Satyameva Jayate,' tweets Yeddyurappa after court acquits him in mining bribe case
- Akhilesh Yadav to meet Governor as fissures remain within Samajwadi Party
- Cyrus Mistry fires mail to Tata board members, says was never given chance to defend himself
- Kalikho Pul left explosive secret notes, can rock politics: Ex-Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa
- Shivpal sacks another Akhilesh loyalist Pawan Pandey following clash with MLC
Surrendering some of its early gains, the Indian rupee today rose by 11 paise to 64.44 against the dollar in the late morning trade on selling of the US currency by banks and exporters amid recovery in the equity markets.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram's assurance to investors yesterday and dollar volatility helped in improving the rupee sentiment, forex dealers said.
The rupee today resumed higher at 64.30 per dollar as against the yesterday's closing level of 64.55 at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) Market.
It hovered in a range of 64.28 and 64.70 per dollar before quoting 64.44 at 1040 hours.
In New York market, the US dollar traded higher against its rival currencies yesterday despite a series of mixed economic data.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex was trading higher by 49.47 points or 0.27 per cent to 18,362.41 at 1050 hours.
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor
- What general news channels could learn from business news anchors
- India’s abstention from UN negotiations for nuclear disarmament would be a lost chance
- India must delink classroom teaching from student learning
- In the long run, the rift within SP may make space for a clearer leadership