Indian rupee up 15 paise vs US dollar
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Extending its rising streak for the fifth straight day, the Indian rupee appreciated by 15 paise to trade at 60.98 against the dollar in early trade today on persistent selling of the American currency by banks and exporters on hopes of more foreign capital inflows.
The upward movement also saw the Indian rupee regain its four month high level after it trimmed the gains in late trade yesterday.
Bankers and exporters preferred to reduce their dollar position as the strengthening of other currencies against the American currency overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The Indian rupee had gained 28 paise to close at 61.13 yesterday, boosted by stocks that climbed to a record high after Bharatiya Janata Party won three out of four state assembly elections.
Meanwhile, the BSE Sensex fell 49.33 points, or 0.23 per cent, to 21,277.09 in early trade today.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress