Indian student brutally attacked in Germany over Islam conversion
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanshing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
A 24-year Indian student in Bonn was brutally attacked by Islamic extremists who slashed his tongue when he refused to convert, German police said today.
The Indian student was attacked on Christmas eve when he was on the way to his place in Bonn.
The men enquired about his religion and asked him to convert to Islam, warning him that they would cut his tongue if he refused to do so, Der Spiegel reported.
The student, who was not identified, told the police that he was attacked by two men from behind after he ignored them.
The attackers beat him up and slashed his tongue and flew in a car.
Police spokesman did not give details of injuries but said the information that the victim gave was credible.
A passerby found the bleeding student on the road and called an ambulance. The student was admitted to a local hospital and was released a day later.