Indian student brutally attacked in Germany over Islam conversion
- Rajnath Singh has assured us 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' will release without violence: Mukesh Bhatt
- Kerala man is key ISIS ‘recruiter’ luring Indian volunteers to Afghanistan
- US Elections 2016: Donald Trump refuses to commit he will accept election results
- Bhubaneswar fire: SIT directs Enforcement Directorate probe in hospital trust finances
- Jammu-Kashmir: Six terrorists attack BSF post in Samba, India retaliates
A 24-year Indian student in Bonn was brutally attacked by Islamic extremists who slashed his tongue when he refused to convert, German police said today.
The Indian student was attacked on Christmas eve when he was on the way to his place in Bonn.
The men enquired about his religion and asked him to convert to Islam, warning him that they would cut his tongue if he refused to do so, Der Spiegel reported.
The student, who was not identified, told the police that he was attacked by two men from behind after he ignored them.
The attackers beat him up and slashed his tongue and flew in a car.
Police spokesman did not give details of injuries but said the information that the victim gave was credible.
A passerby found the bleeding student on the road and called an ambulance. The student was admitted to a local hospital and was released a day later.
- SC stand on triple talaq remains to be seen
- Theatre of conflict has shifted to media where battles are lost and fought on a daily basis
- When Manju became an unsung warrior in a proxy war against the nation
- Bravado has overtaken the sense of sobriety that BJP should have shown after the surgical strikes
- Tamil Nadu is misusing hate speech laws
- Sharing culture humanises India and Pakistan, banning pushes both towards war