Indian student brutally attacked in Germany over Islam conversion
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
A 24-year Indian student in Bonn was brutally attacked by Islamic extremists who slashed his tongue when he refused to convert, German police said today.
The Indian student was attacked on Christmas eve when he was on the way to his place in Bonn.
The men enquired about his religion and asked him to convert to Islam, warning him that they would cut his tongue if he refused to do so, Der Spiegel reported.
The student, who was not identified, told the police that he was attacked by two men from behind after he ignored them.
The attackers beat him up and slashed his tongue and flew in a car.
Police spokesman did not give details of injuries but said the information that the victim gave was credible.
A passerby found the bleeding student on the road and called an ambulance. The student was admitted to a local hospital and was released a day later.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling