Indian studentís tongue is slashed for refusing to convert in Germany
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
A 24-year-old Indian student was attacked by Islamic extremists who slashed his tongue when he refused to convert, German police said Thursday.
He was attacked on Christmas eve when he was on the way to his place in Bonn. The men enquired about his religion and asked him to convert to Islam, warning him they would cut his tongue if he refused, Der Spiegel reported.
The student, who was not identified, told the police he was attacked by two men from behind after he ignored them. The attackers beat him up and slashed his tongue and fled in a car.
A police spokesman did not give details of injuries but said the information the victim gave was credible. A passerby found the bleeding student and called an ambulance. He was admitted to a local hospital and was released a day later.
The student, whose identity wasn't given in line with German privacy rules, was taken to a hospital for treatment. He was released a day later. The Bonn police's department for politically motivated crimes is investigating.