Indian Subcontinent's First Adventure Travel Magazine EXPLORE Launched
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Explore Group on Thursday announced some very important initiatives, like Zero-Waste Havens, an attempt at World Record, Winter Adventure Carnival and Safety Workshops in the field of Adventure Tourism in India in association with their esteemed partners like Northward Motors (Franchisee of Ducati bikes in North India) and Span Resorts for the promotion of Adventure Tourism in India.
These important announcements were made today in presence of Nawang Rigzin Jora, Minister of Tourism & Culture, Jammu & Kashmir as Chief Guest; and Guests of Honour, Shahnawaz Hussian (MP, Lok Sabha); Ravi Singh Kalara, Vice President, Adventure Tour Operators Association of India (ATAOI ) and Col. H. S. Chouhan, President of Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF).
While talking to The Indian Express Nawang Rigzin Jora said, "I am equally concerned about Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh. I am looking forward for the completion of Kashmir railway project. It will cater our many unexplored area".
While commenting on the offer packages and advertorials of other states to promote tourism, Jora said, "Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh have rich heritage, culture and tourist destinations as such I don't prefer any cheap publicity for Jammu and Kashmir." "We welcome tourists from the globe and the number is increasing day by day."
In view of the increasing number of tourists and the corresponding rapid increase of waste and garbage our hill stations and tourist destinations are fast becoming areas of high pollution and degradation. Efforts are being made by the Government and some right-thinking groups and individuals but this still remain insufficient. Explore Group alongwith its partner Northern Escape, an adventure travel outfit and Le Communique Consultancy, a PR Agency is adopting and transforming 5 villages/towns in Jammu & Kashmir into zero waste havens.
Explore Group also announced an attempt at creating a world record of the fastest All Women Motorbike Team Ride to World's highest pass Marsimek La (18.640 ft) on Ducati Motor bikes with its partner Northward Motors.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways