Indian Subcontinent's First Adventure Travel Magazine EXPLORE Launched
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Explore Group on Thursday announced some very important initiatives, like Zero-Waste Havens, an attempt at World Record, Winter Adventure Carnival and Safety Workshops in the field of Adventure Tourism in India in association with their esteemed partners like Northward Motors (Franchisee of Ducati bikes in North India) and Span Resorts for the promotion of Adventure Tourism in India.
These important announcements were made today in presence of Nawang Rigzin Jora, Minister of Tourism & Culture, Jammu & Kashmir as Chief Guest; and Guests of Honour, Shahnawaz Hussian (MP, Lok Sabha); Ravi Singh Kalara, Vice President, Adventure Tour Operators Association of India (ATAOI ) and Col. H. S. Chouhan, President of Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF).
While talking to The Indian Express Nawang Rigzin Jora said, "I am equally concerned about Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh. I am looking forward for the completion of Kashmir railway project. It will cater our many unexplored area".
While commenting on the offer packages and advertorials of other states to promote tourism, Jora said, "Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh have rich heritage, culture and tourist destinations as such I don't prefer any cheap publicity for Jammu and Kashmir." "We welcome tourists from the globe and the number is increasing day by day."
In view of the increasing number of tourists and the corresponding rapid increase of waste and garbage our hill stations and tourist destinations are fast becoming areas of high pollution and degradation. Efforts are being made by the Government and some right-thinking groups and individuals but this still remain insufficient. Explore Group alongwith its partner Northern Escape, an adventure travel outfit and Le Communique Consultancy, a PR Agency is adopting and transforming 5 villages/towns in Jammu & Kashmir into zero waste havens.
Explore Group also announced an attempt at creating a world record of the fastest All Women Motorbike Team Ride to World's highest pass Marsimek La (18.640 ft) on Ducati Motor bikes with its partner Northward Motors.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties