Indian teams enter semifinals of Asian Junior Squash C'ships
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Indian boys overwhelmed Iran 3-0 while the girls outclassed Japan by an identical margin to storm into the semifinals of the 16th Asian Junior Squash Championship, here today.
The boys team, who had topped the Pool, won their quarterfinal tie against Iran with relative ease. Mahesh Mangoankar defeated Farzad Shokouhi 11-8 11-6 11-2 in the opening tie while Kush Kumar ended the challenge of Soheil Shameli 11-2 11-2 15-13 and Deepak Mishra put paid to the hopes of Alireza Shameli 11-6 11-2.
India will face Hong Kong in the semifinal.
The girls team, led by Anaka Alankamony, beat Japan 3-0 in their final group fixture to top the Pool.
Anaka won a hard-fought contest against Risa Sugimoto 11-3 11-6 11-8 while Aparajitha Balamurukan was stretched to the limit by Satomi Watanabe before winning 11-5 11-4 6-11 11-4.
Lakshya Ragavendran completed the whitewash with an 11-4 11-2 11-4 victory against Hinako Sakai.
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions