Indian teams enter semifinals of Asian Junior Squash C'ships
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Indian boys overwhelmed Iran 3-0 while the girls outclassed Japan by an identical margin to storm into the semifinals of the 16th Asian Junior Squash Championship, here today.
The boys team, who had topped the Pool, won their quarterfinal tie against Iran with relative ease. Mahesh Mangoankar defeated Farzad Shokouhi 11-8 11-6 11-2 in the opening tie while Kush Kumar ended the challenge of Soheil Shameli 11-2 11-2 15-13 and Deepak Mishra put paid to the hopes of Alireza Shameli 11-6 11-2.
India will face Hong Kong in the semifinal.
The girls team, led by Anaka Alankamony, beat Japan 3-0 in their final group fixture to top the Pool.
Anaka won a hard-fought contest against Risa Sugimoto 11-3 11-6 11-8 while Aparajitha Balamurukan was stretched to the limit by Satomi Watanabe before winning 11-5 11-4 6-11 11-4.
Lakshya Ragavendran completed the whitewash with an 11-4 11-2 11-4 victory against Hinako Sakai.