Indian torrent uproots Pak for 4th consecutive time in Kabaddi WC, India wins 48-39
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In what can be termed as neck to neck tie for the first time in past clashes, Indian men team won the 4th edition of Kabaddi World Cup beating Pakistan 48-39 at the match held at Guru Nanak Stadium on Saturday.
With the Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh cheering for the Indian team with Deputy CM and CM, the match started off with Pakistan bagging first point. (0-1)
While India beat Kenya, Argentina, USA and Spain in its pool matches and England in semi-finals, Pak team defeated USA to enter the finals. In a tightly knit match, India was leading 9-7 at one point when Pak bounced back and made it 9-10.
The crowd erupted in joy after India winning the points while complete silence followed Pak's successful points. However vice-versa expressions seen on the faces of deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal and Pakistan Punjab CM Shahbaz Sharif present in the audience.
The match went on neck to neck with 14-14 tied score till India took lead of 16-14 which was again tied to 16-16 the next minute. With strong raid attack, India again took lead of 19-16 over Pak.
The score was then changed to 22-19 with continuous raiding attacks from both sides. Among the audience was also Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh who after his performance was seen cheering on every Indian point sitting with CM Parkash Singh Badal and deputy CM Sukhbir Badal.
Till the half time India was leading 22-19 opposite Pakistan.
Deputy CM in his speech during the half time of ongoing match proposed tournaments in other sports as well along with kabbadi with neighbor Pakistan, responding to Pak Punjab CM Shahbaz Sharif's proposal.
For the very first time in last four years, Pak team gave tough competition to Indian team with scores running tie during most of the times in first half.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express