Dell launches Inspiron 15z for Rs 41,990
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Dell has launched a new model in its mid-range Inspiron laptops. Inspiron 15z is available starting Rs 41,990. With this laptop, the company has introduced touchscreens to its Inspiron range, to make the best of the Windows 8 user interface.
The company was in the news recently after it decided to go private, in one of the largest private equity-backed buyout in the past few years. The company's founder and CEO Michael Dell will pay $500 million in the $24.4 billion purchase of the company.
The ultrabook comes with a 15.6-inch LED display with a resolution of 1366x768 pixels. The aluminium chassis is 2.1 cm thick and the laptop weighs 2.17 kg. Another model, which is 2.3 cm thick and weighs 2.46 kg, comes with a touchscreen.
Inspiron 15z runs Windows 8 and comes with a 1-MP web camera.
The laptop has Intel's third generation Core-series processor and Nvidia GeForce GT630M 2GB graphics card. The keyboard has backlighting and is water resistant. The touchpad is optimised for Windows 8.
Connectivity options on the Dell Inspiron 15z are Intel WiDi, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0, ethernet, HDMI and a slot for various memory cards. It has Skullcandy speakers.
Shishir Singh, Director, Product Marketing, Dell India said, "We at Dell always strive to come up with something innovative which addresses all the needs of our consumers. The Inspiron 15z combines upscale style and features in a sleek and glamorous design with best-in-class technology."
This laptop is among a new range of affordable touchscreen ultrabooks in the market. The closest competitor is ASUS VivoBook F202E, which is available for Rs 39,990.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress