Watching porn on smartphone, tablet 'easiest way to catch virus', says report
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: Vajpayee weekest PM, tweets Sanjay Jha; Congress insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws, says Modi
Watching pornography on a smartphone or tablet is a potentially risky thrill as it is the easiest way to catch a virus on your device, a new study has revealed.
According to a report by Blue Coat, compared to a PC, a user is three times more likely to accidentally download malware when using a mobile device to look up x-rated material.
The web security and optimization company also said that nearly one-quarter of malware on phones and tablets comes from visits to porn sites, the Daily Mail reports.
This study, reported by CNNMoney, claimed that prurient browsing on phones is not that common, adding that less than one percent of all mobile traffic is to pornographic destinations.
Yet the report also states that porn has led to more malware on smartphones and tablets than e-mail spam, malicious websites, and fake apps put together.
According to the paper, Blue Coat claimed that a major part of the problem is the way URLs are displayed on a phone browser, which makes it more difficult for users to tell if the site is legitimate or malicious.
Unlike on a PC or a desktop computer, for example, there is no way to hover over and preview a link for warning signs, it added
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit