Indian-American Jiten Ashwin Patel guns down father over dispute
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful
- Rahul Gandhi 'happy' with Varun Gandhi's 'good work' praise; BJP leader clarifies it's no endorsement for Cong
- April 2 Campaign roundup: Congress trying to spread communal disharmony ahead of polls, says Arun Jaitley
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC says Katara's killers to stay in jail for life; calls it honour killing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is not higher than the game of cricket: Zee to HC
In a ghastly act, a 28-year-old Indian-American has killed his father in a North Carolina city, following a dispute between them.
Jiten Ashwin Patel, 28, is charged with first-degree murder of his father Ashwin Kumar Vaghjibhai Patel, 62, and is being held without bond at the Gaston County Jail, police said.
The incident happened in the Mount Holly city, a suburb of Raleigh. The Mount Holly Interim Police Chief David James said police found Jiten Patel driving the Camry in nearby Gastonia, N.C. Jiten was arrested after he was on the run for more than 12 hours.
Both the father and son operated a BP gas station in the city. The motive of the attack has not been determined yet. According to the arrest warrant affidavit, Ashwin Kumar Vaghjibhai Patel died of several gunshot wounds on January 11. His body was found inside his home and was first reported by his family members.
As per the affidavit, Jiten was not at home when the police arrived. But they found a note written by Jiten in which he said that he was sorry for what he did and that he was going to kill himself.
The Police said Jiten had a criminal record. In 2005, he spent several months in prison and was convicted of felony larceny. In December 2002, he was convicted of a drug charge in Jackson County and was placed on probation.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies