Indian-Filipino couple jailed for kissing on Dubai beach
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
A couple, a 28-year-old Indian man and a 25-year-old Filipino woman, has been jailed for a year for kissing in public on a Dubai beach.
The couple was spotted 'wrestling' by an Emirati child told his mother and who thereby called the police.
The lovebirds will now have to spend a year in jail, after which they will be deported, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the report, the couple, co-workers at a Dubai McDonald''s, were seen in an intimate situation in the lifeguard tower on Jumeirah Open Beach on December 17, The National reported.
Despite admitting to police upon their arrest that they were a couple, the man and woman pleaded not guilty to kissing in public.
The man argued that he was performing CPR on his colleague who had suffered an asthma attack.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies