Indian-Filipino couple jailed for kissing on Dubai beach
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
A couple, a 28-year-old Indian man and a 25-year-old Filipino woman, has been jailed for a year for kissing in public on a Dubai beach.
The couple was spotted 'wrestling' by an Emirati child told his mother and who thereby called the police.
The lovebirds will now have to spend a year in jail, after which they will be deported, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the report, the couple, co-workers at a Dubai McDonald''s, were seen in an intimate situation in the lifeguard tower on Jumeirah Open Beach on December 17, The National reported.
Despite admitting to police upon their arrest that they were a couple, the man and woman pleaded not guilty to kissing in public.
The man argued that he was performing CPR on his colleague who had suffered an asthma attack.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food