Indian-Filipino couple jailed for kissing on Dubai beach
- PM Modi's 'strategic restraint' choice: A virtue or a necessity?
- PM to people of Pak: Let’s go to war against unemployment, poverty... let’s see who wins
- Uri attack: Odia BSF jawan succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 19
- Rain havoc in Telangana: Death toll rises to 8 in Medak
- Kashmir: Curfew imposed in Kishtwar following arrest of 3 charged with sedition
A couple, a 28-year-old Indian man and a 25-year-old Filipino woman, has been jailed for a year for kissing in public on a Dubai beach.
The couple was spotted 'wrestling' by an Emirati child told his mother and who thereby called the police.
The lovebirds will now have to spend a year in jail, after which they will be deported, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the report, the couple, co-workers at a Dubai McDonald''s, were seen in an intimate situation in the lifeguard tower on Jumeirah Open Beach on December 17, The National reported.
Despite admitting to police upon their arrest that they were a couple, the man and woman pleaded not guilty to kissing in public.
The man argued that he was performing CPR on his colleague who had suffered an asthma attack.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.