Indian-Filipino couple jailed for kissing on Dubai beach
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
A couple, a 28-year-old Indian man and a 25-year-old Filipino woman, has been jailed for a year for kissing in public on a Dubai beach.
The couple was spotted 'wrestling' by an Emirati child told his mother and who thereby called the police.
The lovebirds will now have to spend a year in jail, after which they will be deported, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the report, the couple, co-workers at a Dubai McDonald''s, were seen in an intimate situation in the lifeguard tower on Jumeirah Open Beach on December 17, The National reported.
Despite admitting to police upon their arrest that they were a couple, the man and woman pleaded not guilty to kissing in public.
The man argued that he was performing CPR on his colleague who had suffered an asthma attack.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity