Indian-Filipino couple jailed for kissing on Dubai beach
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
A couple, a 28-year-old Indian man and a 25-year-old Filipino woman, has been jailed for a year for kissing in public on a Dubai beach.
The couple was spotted 'wrestling' by an Emirati child told his mother and who thereby called the police.
The lovebirds will now have to spend a year in jail, after which they will be deported, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the report, the couple, co-workers at a Dubai McDonald''s, were seen in an intimate situation in the lifeguard tower on Jumeirah Open Beach on December 17, The National reported.
Despite admitting to police upon their arrest that they were a couple, the man and woman pleaded not guilty to kissing in public.
The man argued that he was performing CPR on his colleague who had suffered an asthma attack.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness