Indians lack 'good' cholesterol: Cardiologists at conference
- LIVE: Election Commission announces Lok Sabha election dates
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Lucknow:Cardiologists on Saturday said that even though the total cholesterol level among Indians is not that high, it has been observed, instead, it is the lack of 'good' cholesterol that is leading to heart diseases. They were speaking on day one of the Annual Scientific Conference of Cardiological Society of India in Lucknow.
Akhilesh suspends engineers
Lucknow:CM Akhilesh Yadav has suspended Executive Engineer S K Srivastava, Assistant Engineer Vijendra Kumar Singh and Junior Engineers of PWD Ram Krishna Verma and Santosh Kumar Maurya for poor upkeep of road number 134 Vidhuna-Kishuni in Etawah and Auraiyya districts.
Four MNREGA offcials to be probed
Lucknow:CM Akhilesh Yadav has ordered a departmental enquiry against four officials for their laxity towards MNREGA scheme. The list includes former chief development officers A N Singh of Jalaun and Surendra Singh of Sant Ravidas Nagar, DFOs S K Nigam of Jalaun and K C Gusia of Sant Ravidas Nagar. These officials, during their posting, failed to spend a single penny under MNREGA for afforestation till 31 December 2012. Akhilesh also asked Commissioner Rural Development and Chief Forest Conservator (Social Forestry) to jointly probe the whole incident.