Indian's subway death: NY woman indicted, deemed fit for trial
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
As a train approached the station, Menendez stepped behind an unsuspecting Sen, followed him briefly and then pushed him off the platform and into the path of the train.
Sen, who lived with roommates in a small apartment in Queens and was unmarried, died of multiple blunt force trauma.
At the time of her arrest, Menendez admitted pushing Sen and said "I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims, ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I've been beating them up."