Indian's subway death: NY woman indicted, deemed fit for trial
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
As a train approached the station, Menendez stepped behind an unsuspecting Sen, followed him briefly and then pushed him off the platform and into the path of the train.
Sen, who lived with roommates in a small apartment in Queens and was unmarried, died of multiple blunt force trauma.
At the time of her arrest, Menendez admitted pushing Sen and said "I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims, ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I've been beating them up."
Sen, who had owned a printing business in the city, was cremated on New Year's eve in the presence of friends and business partners.